Oct 24th, 2018
This week Petro wanted to talk about something a bit more positive than our last few episodes. So we decided to share some of our favourite non-business tools which we think give us an added edge in business. Here's our top 3's.
- My Kindle, which I use to read many business books including Networking Like A Pro and How to Win Friends and Influence People (which is $0.73 in the Amazon Kindle Store). I'm also currently reading Genius Foods: Become Smarter, Happier, and More Productive While Protecting Your Brain For Life.
- My Apple TV, which I use to watch Netflix... And also host in-person photo viewings and print consultations. I can use the Apple TV to use my TV as a second monitor, so I can show my clients their photos on a large screen.
- My Bluetooth Eye Mask which I use to block out light and sound. This is especially helpful when I'm travelling and want to get a good sleep. You know how I like my sleep, and as someone who grew up in the country with very little light polution and unexpected sounds, staying in a hotel in a busy city might mean that I don't sleep so well, but blocking everything out with one of my favourite podcasts helps me get a better sleep and feel more together in the morning.
- Audible and audio books, because sometimes you just don't have the time to sit down and read, but you really want to get through that business book. Some books are even offered on Kindle and Audible, and you can switch from reading to listening when you need to. I listen to audio books when I'm driving.
- Apple products. This might sound an awful lot like Sophia's Apple TV, but I'm a particular fan of the Apple HomePod, and how all of my devices sync and make my life easier.
- Rigid work lights! I've talked about these things on previous episodes. I've replaced my strobes with Rigid work lights because not only can I use them with my existing light stands and accessories like umbrellas and softboxes, but they are constant lights, light weight, and durrable. They run on rechargable batteries. And all of this put together makes them super easy to transport. You can find them at your local hardware store, and they cost a fraction of the cost of strobes and come with a lifetime waranty, so no need to replace expensive bulbs.
Catch the podcast in video form! Subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
Share your thoughts in our Facebook community Double Exposure Show Group.
Use code DELAUNCH to receive a free tshirt of your choosing with the purchase of a bag at our new shop F8 STYLE!
If you're looking for a new CRM for your new or growing creative business, we have a special treat for you! Get an extra 30 days with your free trial when you sign up with Táve! That's a total of 60 days free! Click this link to sign up with our favourite CRM for creatives.
Thanks to Benjamin Edward for our artwork and Bensound for our theme music.